Radio-TV Industry News:

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on StumbleUpon

Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.

  • Anderson Cooper Fights Back Tears in Final ’60 Minutes’ Sign-Off After Two D...
    Anderson Cooper choked up as he signed off from 60 Minutes for the last time on Sunday night, after two decades on the show, with a heartfelt farewell tribute to the flagship newsmagazine’s journalistic value and historic importance. The veteran journalist delivered his final report for the programme during the season finale, which would be his last, before growing visibly emotional as he attempted to record his closing line: “I’m Anderson Cooper.” After pausing for several seconds and looking down to compose himself, he repeated the sign-off three times, a long-running tradition on the show. In an extended 60 Minutes: Overtime, Cooper reflected on his over 20 years as a correspondent for the show. At the open of segment, when one interviewer informed him of his two decade span at the show, Cooper replied, “Wow, it’s been a hell of a ride.” Clips rolled of past assignments and interviews, from celebrities to lawmakers and business moguls, cut with commentary from Cooper. “This is crazy,” he said. “This is my last shoot for 60 Minutes. 60 Minutes has always been a place, at least for me, that you get to step into somebody else’s shoes. You get to see things through their eyes and see what their struggles are and what they are facing and you learn from that.” Cooper added that he first began watching 60 Minutes after his father died and that the show stood out for its “trusted” and “hard-hitting” reporting, as he fondly recalled the familiar names of past CBS correspondents and striking stories they brought. Cooper also said that when he finally landed the role he “could not believe” he had made it to the show and recalled how after legendary reporter Bob Simon died, he was given his office, and still keeps a bottle of scotch that was left behind by the man, who he noted later repeatedly inspired him in the field. Further clips ran that included interviews with Prince Harry, actor Donald Sutherland, and singer Lady Gaga, but Cooper said the stories that stayed with him most involved ordinary people. Recalling stories reporting across Africa over the years Cooper said, “That’s the great thing about 60 Minutes is that if you pitch a story of like, ‘I think this is a really important story. Let’s go and do it.’ They’ll say yes.” “The thing is, it’s never felt like work. It’s felt… [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetMon, May 18, 2026
    1 hour ago
  • Stacey Abrams Accuses Mike Johnson of Celebrating The ‘Return of Jim Crow’
    Stacey Abrams accused House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) of celebrating “the return of Jim Crow to the South” after he commended the Supreme Court for ruling race-based gerrymandering violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act. Abrams ripped Johnson and the recent redistricting decisions during an interview on MS NOW’s The Weekend: Primetime on Sunday. The show played a clip of Johnson telling Fox News earlier in the day that the Supreme Court’s 6-3 ruling that Louisiana’s congressional map violated the VRA was “long overdue” and was “bringing back fairness and certainty to the system.” Co-Host Antonia Hylton then asked Abrams what she believed Johnson meant by that. “He’s saying it brings back 1964, 1963, 1892,” Abrams said, when “race neutral” laws made it harder for Black Americans to vote. “The race neutral laws that were in place prior to the Voting Rights Act said that you could have poll taxes and literacy taxes that diminished participation, but were race neutral,” Abrams said. She said Johnson is from the South and should understand as well as anyone that “this is bollocks, that this is hogwash. They are very clear that race and partisanship sit side-by-side.” Abrams continued, saying the “remarkably racist behavior” that was thwarted by the Voting Rights Act has now returned. “And so what he is celebrating is the return of Jim Crow to the South. And that is a terrible thing for America.” The former state representative from Georgia is not the only Democrat to blast the recent redistricting victories for Republicans. Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) accused members of President Donald Trump’s administration of preferring to see Black Americans “pick cotton” than pick the president during an appearance on MS NOW on Saturday. Her harsh words came a few weeks after the Supreme Court’s ruling voided Louisiana’s second majority Black congressional district; the court’s conservative-leaning justices found the state’s map relied too heavily on race. Chief Justice John Roberts said the Louisiana district was a “snake” created along racial lines. Justice Samuel Alito agreed, writing the map was an “unconstitutional gerrymander.” Trump celebrated the decision afterwards, saying it was the “kind of ruling I like.” Watch above via MS NOW.The post Stacey Abrams Accuses Mike Johnson of Celebrating The ‘Return of Jim Crow’ first appeared on Mediaite. [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetSun, May 17, 2026
    10 hours ago
  • 60 Minutes Reveals Insider Trading on US Military Conflicts Is Exploding: ‘Luc...
    Prediction markets analysts told 60 Minutes Sunday that insider trading on U.S. military conflicts is exploding, and that the soldier accused of trading on the U.S. invasion of Venezuela was merely a small fish in a very large pond. Last month, Master Sgt. Gannon Ken Van Dyke was indicted on federal charges for allegedly using information he had about the capture of Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro to rake in $400,000 on Polymarket. “In the U.S. it’s prohibited to make military bets on platforms like Polymarket, though it’s easy to find digital workarounds as Gannon Ken Van Dyke allegedly did,” 60 Minutes correspondent Jon Wertheim said. “Here is what’s more astounding than the existence of military bets — how often they pay off.” “It’s alarming to see a culture around betting on war,” said reporter Michelle Kendler-Kretsch at the anti-corruption data collective that examined Polymarket bets on military actions. “She looked specifically at long-shot wagers, bets with less than 35% odds,” Wertheim said. “Despite being underdogs, they won more than they lost, a telltale sign, she says, of, quote, ‘systemic insider trading.” Kendler-Kretsch said that military bets on those long-shot wagers have a 52% success rate, while sports bets are at just 7%. “This might be the most insane pattern we have found on Polymarket so far,” said Nicolas Vaiman, who runs a small data analystics firm called Bubblemaps based in Paris, France. The firm, “creates visualizations of bets on Polymarket to spot bubbles, or clusters, of suspect traders,” Wertheim said. “This big cluster in the middle, no one talked about it,” said the firm’s head of investigations, who goes by the online handle Deebs. “They shared, for the first time, what they believe is a more egregious insider trading case than Gannon Ken Van Dyke’s,” Wertheim said. “We spotted nine Polymarket accounts all connected who made collectively $2.4 million betting almost exclusively on U.S. Military operations. Van Dyke made $400,000. Here $2.4 million. Now, here is the crazy part. 98% win rates,” Vaiman said. “This is like winning the lottery multiple times,” Deebs added. “The linked accounts made dozens of winning bets on the specific dates of pivotal moments in the war with Iran even when the odds were low,” Wertheim said before asking, “How do we know this isn’t just someone who has really good instincts?” “Luck alone cannot explain the numbers,” Vaiman said. “If you know this,… [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetSun, May 17, 2026
    10 hours ago
  • WATCH: Navy Fighter Jets Crash Together and Plummet to the Ground in Air Show Di...
    Jarring footage captured the moment two Navy fighter jets collided in midair and crashed to the ground during an air show in Idaho on Sunday. The clip obtained by Fox News showed the two EA-18G Growler jets hitting each other about two miles north of the Mountain Home Air Force Base, where the Gunfighter Skies Air Show was taking place for the second straight day. Viewers could see the two jets look like they were locked in a momentary wrestling match in the sky before both turned downward; flames and smoke then started to burst from the jets as they plummeted to the ground. The site of four parachutes bursting open as the planes crashed could also be seen. Big Weekend Show co-host Jason Chaffetz reported the good news that all four crew members successfully ejected and were being treated by medical personnel. “Miraculous,” Chaffetz added. “Thank goodness those four were able to eject. Amazing.” A huge plume of smoke could be seen on camera after the two planes hit the earth. The crash happened around 12:10 Mountain Time. Local cops announced the rest of the event was canceled about an hour later. Attendee David Katz told Fox News Digital that he and his family “saw the smoke and fireball” when the two plans collided. “One of the planes was impacted and started burning in the air,” he added. Sunday’s crash comes a few days after a U.S. Air Force pilot told CNN about the “pretty miraculous” rescue of 11 plane crash survivors off the coast of the Bahamas. Watch above via Fox News.The post WATCH: Navy Fighter Jets Crash Together and Plummet to the Ground in Air Show Disaster first appeared on Mediaite. [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetSun, May 17, 2026
    11 hours ago
  • Trump Calls For Thomas Massie To Be ‘Thrown Out of Office ASAP!’
    The Associated Press Fresh off his successful campaign to primary Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), President Donald Trump turned his attentions back to Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) by declaring that he, too, “must be thrown out of office.” Cassidy came in third place behind Trump-backed Rep. Julia Letlow and Louisiana Treasurer John Fleming in Saturday’s primary. Trump has been gunning for Cassidy ever since he voted to convict Trump in the second impeachment trial related to the J6 riots. Massie, a deficit hawk who refused to vote in favor of Trump’s Big Beautiful Bill, and who worked hand-in-hand with Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) to expose the Epstein files, has been on Trump’s list nearly his entire time back in office. “Third Rate Congressman Thomas Massie, a Weak and Pathetic RINO from the Great Commonwealth of Kentucky, a place I love, and won big SIX TIMES, including all Primaries, must be thrown out of office, ASAP!” Trump wrote on Sunday. “He is the Worst ‘Republican’ Congressman in History, voting against Tax Cuts, the Wall, Law Enforcement, and in favor of the Transgender Mutilization of our Children, Men playing in Women’s Sports, and so many more horrible things,” Trump continued. “The incredible people of Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District gave us a mandate to, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, and the person that will help us do that is Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, and Fifth Generation Kentucky Farmer, Captain Ed Gallrein, a true America First Patriot.” Trump added, “The Great People of Kentucky are wise to Massie — He only votes against the Republican Party, making life very easy for the Radical Left. Unlike ‘lightweight’ Massie, a totally ineffective LOSER who has failed us so badly, CAPTAIN ED GALLREIN IS A WINNER WHO WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN.” A new independent poll of 86 Northern Kentucky voters found 48.3% planned  to vote for Gallrein, while 43.1% supported Massie, and another 7.6% were undecided. However, on ABC News’s This Week With George Stephanoupolos Sunday, Massie said he was confident in his chances. “You can tell that I’m ahead in the polls and they’re desperate,” Massie said of the Trump administration. “That’s why they’re sending the secretary of war to my district tomorrow. That’s why the president’s losing sleep and tweeting about this. That’s why AIPAC has dumped another $3 million into my race this weekend — is because they’re panicked, and they really haven’t been… [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetSun, May 17, 2026
    11 hours ago
  • CNN Reporter Raises Concerns Trump Is Pushing ‘White Christian Nationalism’ ...
    CNN Senior Writer John Blake said the Rededicate 250 prayer event in Washington, D.C. was a clear symbol of how President Donald Trump’s administration is “pushing” what he called “white Christian nationalism.” Blake made the claim during a conversation with CNN host Fredricka Whitfield on Sunday afternoon, right as the CNN broadcast was showing House Speaker Mike Johnson (R) giving a speech at the event. The day-long prayer rally at the National Mall also featured video addresses from Trump and Secretary of State Marco Rubio, as well as speakers like Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. “I think what you’re seeing is that there’s a certain kind of movement called white Christian nationalism,” Blake said when Whitfield asked what he made of the event. “It’s been around for centuries in this country. It’s mutated, become certain things, but white Christian nationalism has never had this access to political power. It now has it with President Trump.” He said others in the administration “subscribe to these beliefs” as well, “and because of that, it’s now front and center. He’s pushing this.” Blake added there have been presidents in the past like Jimmy Carter who were open about their faith. But he said “No one has ever pushed explicitly this Christian nationalism, and that’s whaat President Trump is doing.” Trump read a Bible passage during his speech on Sunday. Watch below via Fox News: President Trump recited a passage from 2 Chronicles 7 during Sunday’s “Rededicate 250” celebration on the National Mall, including the well-known verse urging people to “humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways.” The verse is often cited by… pic.twitter.com/9UPr7vBao0 — Fox News (@FoxNews) May 17, 2026 And Vance celebrated that a “wave” of young Americans are returning to church in his address to the crowd, which also gave a shout out to Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk. Evangelical preacher Franklin Graham was a bit less optimistic in his speech to the crowd, though. Graham lamented that America was “morally rotten” and “completely sick with sin” because it had embraced transgenderism and gay marriage. Watch Blake’s comments above via CNN.The post CNN Reporter Raises Concerns Trump Is Pushing ‘White Christian Nationalism’ With Rededicate 250 Event first appeared on Mediaite. [TheTopNews] Read More.
    MEDIAite – Radio/Tv/Internet News|TheTopNews.NetSun, May 17, 2026
    12 hours ago
1 2 3 11

The Searchable USWebDaily.com and TheTopNews NewsBank Helps You Be Better Informed, Faster! Spread The Word.

Click or Tap to Go to McStreamy News, Info and Entertainment
Scroll Up